Tuesday 12 May 2015

food lab #7: Fruit smoothies

Fruit Smoothies



  • Where or what types of places can you envision this dish be served at. discuss in 1-2 sentences. (events, sports, and etc…)
Fruit smoothie is a great choice for hot summer days when you feel dehydrated and you need something cool and also delicious. It would be a perfect drink to serve in formal meetings, birthday parties, weddings and even simple gatherings because firstly, it is so easy and fast to make! secondly, it is healthy and full of vitamins and thirdly, it is cost- efficient. ( you can mix any fruit that you have in your fridge with a little honey, yogurt and ice and your drink is ready!!)

  • What do you think was the inspiration behind this food lab?  Was the inspiration successful? How does this connect to our course.
In my opinion, the inspiration behind this food lab was firstly, the start of hot days, which is the best time for having cold drinks. Secondly, to learn how to work with blenders properly (safety cautions, leak checking and also some brilliant hacks such as using tin foils instead of a lead!) and lastly, to face the challenges of competing in a food competition for the first time in this course. I think the inspirations were so successful because it was a really fun lab and I learned a lot on that day! for example I learned how to manage my time so I can compete in a real competition and also, I learned how to make a healthy smoothie in less than 10 minutes! I think it is really connected to our course because most of the things we learn about in the class are connected to healthy diet and healthy eating! so I think making a healthy and simple drink really helped us to use the things that we learned in our class in a positive way.


No comments:

Post a Comment