Monday 30 March 2015

food lab #3: Veggie Burgers (chickpea burgers)


Chickpea burgers



  • Who might be interested or enjoy your dish? Why or why not? Be specific. ( children if colorful, etc...)
people who are vegetarian or do not like to eat meat but enjoy the flavor of burgers will definitely like this dish. Also people with high cholesterol level would love this meal because it has almost zero percent of bad fat but tastes good and yummy. Also it is easy to make and doesn't take much time so it would be a good idea for people in time limits. It is also a perfect lunch for students because it has the essential vitamins and minerals in it and it does not require warming or a lot of space.
  • What is your biggest ‘take away’ or lesson that you learned during this food lab?
In my opinion, the biggest lesson that i learned through this lab was that you can make a delicious food with any simple materials if you know how to combine them. When first the teacher introduced chickpea burgers I wasn't sure about how it is going to taste but at the end I was in love with everything about it. Also I learned if you over do any thing, it will ruin the whole thing! like using too much peas or too much vegetable. every thing should have a balance and that's the key to a perfect food lab.
  • Where or what types of places can you envision this dish be served at. discuss in 1-2 sentences. (events, sports, and etc…)
I think this meal will be a wise choice to make when there is an event which is public and many people with different tastes will be there such as sport events or school field trips. Also this dish will be a good as a part of the schools' lunch menu because it is both healthy and cost- effective.
  • How can you add your own creativity to personalize the dish?
If I wanted to add my creativity to this dish, I would probably add more herbs and vegetable so that it would have both more vitamins and fiber. I would also make the burger bread my self and I would add fresh herbs and garlic to it for more flavor. I am a kind of person who likes sour food so I would add a little lemon for more flavor and at the end, I would add some nuts for better texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment